This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bee Health Guru App

We are finalizing the Consumer, Pro, and Team Versions of our patented Bee Health Guru App for iPhone, Android, and Windows 10. We are in Tier 2 of Private Testing and Calibration of the App. Access to Private Testing versions is currently restricted to: Graduates of the University of Montana's Master Level Beekeeping Course and to Invited Commercial Beekeepers, Bee Inspectors, and Bee Researchers. We hope to have a full public release by mid-summer or fall by the latest. We will let all registered users of the [url]www.beehealth.guru[/url] site know when the Apps are available. When we have completed the beta testing and calibration for various Smart Phones and Tablets, all versions of the App will be made available to everyone worldwide. To ensure that you will be notified, send a message with your email address to [email]info@beehealth.guru[/email]. You will also see a Press Release when we go public with the App.
    Last edited by Jerry Bromenshenk; 4 weeks ago. Reason: Updated Announcement - 3/27/2018

I got it for the app. Looking for it we can use this on both the Android phone and iPad?

Comment

Successfully installed the app in my IPad Pro. I’ll be using the recommended IRig and EMM6 accessories. As Jim mentioned in another thread, I too expect a weather delay. As a side note, I recently moved moved up from the standard IPad to an IPad Pro. The processor speed upgrade is day and night.

Comment

This is important information. We know that the App is accurate when using high-end, research grade recorders and microphones. We have no way of knowing which phones and tablets will meet the requirements of good recording quality and reasonable speed of analysis. Every time you do a recording, fill out an inspection report, and upload, we also get the brand and model of phone and tablet used.

As for Apple products versus Android. It's the same App, but it has to be ported to both platforms. So, you can't use the Android version on an iPhone or vice versa. If you need both versions, we can set you up in both App stores.

All of us had phones of varying age last summer. On my 4 yr old phone, it was agonizingly slow. On my new S8+ Android, it smokes the analysis in 12-15 seconds.

Comment

My original version 1.031 was functioning properly on my iPhone. It’s been too cold to actually use it and follow up with an inspection, but it listened and provided an analysis, I aborted. since I received the email about the upgrade to 1.31, the original version app listens, but doesn’t go to the analysis function. When I go to TestFlight, it only shows the version I have, but in the upper right corner, TestFlight show a hit link called “redeem”. Should I delete the apps and reinstall? Will I need a password to get TestFlight again? Am I the only one with this problem? Yesterday was the first day it hadn’t rained or been below 40 degrees fir 3 weeks.

Comment

Please, someone, share the download link of Bee Health Guru App. I'm a ios user. :) Ans: The App is in Private Beta Testing and Calibration, which is by invitation only. Testers have to have passed the Master Level of the UM Master Beekeeping series, or be a Professional Beekeeper, Bee Inspector, or Bee Researcher. We need testers who have demonstrated the ability to correctly identify bee pests and diseases. When the App if fully tested and calibrated for a variety of Smart Phones and Tablets, we will release to the public. Please be patient. Also, the beta test is not public, so it won't appear to the general public in the App stores.
            Last edited by Jerry Bromenshenk; 1 week ago.

Comment

Basic questions, I'm using an iPhone 7 and the mic is on the bottom near the lightning connector. The instructions say just to point the mic at the entrance but I'm running double deeps and my bees are all in the top box this time of year. Any thoughts on how that might affect the data? Also, I run entrance reducers all year with a 3-inch entrance.

Comment

The directions are intended for those using the phone microphone - and it means, point (insert) that end of the phone as far as possible into the entrance of the hive to get it close to the cluster. The Settings allow you to invert the display so you can read it, if your microphone position is at the 'wrong' end. That's so you don't have to stand on your head to read it.

Comment

I downloaded the app and tried it on 2 TBH and 1 langstroth. Since my TBH has only an inch hole I could not put my phone inside so the recording was taken from the part at the entrances. The meter reader reached the start of acceptable range. I sent the reports. Are these findings accurate? I will use a microphone next time. And do the inspection soon after. Got too excited to see how it worked
                  Last edited by cpalma; 4 days ago.

Comment

Working...
                  X